Who are eligible?
- SC & ST Welfare Students whose annual Family income is Rs. Two Lakhs or below.
- BC & EBC and Minority Welfare Students who belongs to rural area their family income should be Rs. One Lakh Fifty Thousand or below.
- BC & EBC and Minority Welfare Students who are belongs to Urban area family income should be Rs. Two Lakhs or below.
- Disabled Welfare Students whose parental income is Rs. One lakh or below.
- EBC students who are selected Under Corporate College Admissions Scheme Eligible for Intermediate courses.
- Students whose attendance is 75% at the end of each quarter & Promoted to next academic year for Renewal Students.
Who are not eligible?
- Students belonging to the categories other than SC, ST, BC, EBC, Minority and DW (Disabled).
- SC, ST Students whose annual family income is more than Rs. Two Lakhs.
- BC & EBC and Minority Rural area Students whose annual family income is more than Rs. One Lakh Fifty Thousand.
- BC & EBC and Minority Urban area Students whose annual family income is more than Rs. Two Lakhs.
- Disabled Welfare Students whose family income is more than Rupees One lakh.
- All Students who are pursuing the part time courses, online courses & Correspondence courses.
- Students admitted under Sponsored seats, Management Quota seats & Spot Admissions.
- Students who applied Stipend/Scholorship in any Scheme.
- Students of BC, EBC and DW students studying the Courses offered by open universities, distant mode, category B seats in MBBS, BDS.
- EBC students studying Intermediate or courses.
- Students Persuing same level of courses.
Post Matric Courses approved by the concerned University/Board having duration of 1 year and above
- Professional Courses (Degree and PG Courses in Medicine, Engineering, Technology, Management, Agriculture, Veterinary and Allied Sciences, Business Finance, Business administration and Computer Applications/ Science)
- Other professional and technical graduate and PG including (M.Phil, PhD and post doctoral research) level courses not covered in Group-I. all post graduate, graduate level diploma courses.
- Degree courses(not covered in group I & II)
- Vocational courses (Intermediate level)
Courses not eligible:
Scholarships are not awarded for training courses like
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer's Courses
- Private Pilot license Courses.
- Courses at Pre-examination Training Centers of all India and State levels.
- Correspondence courses & One Year Certificate Courses.
- Regarding Student Registration
Can I register after the last date??
Unless the date for registration has been extended you cannot register as the epass portal will not allow you to register. Please register in time to avoid dissappointment!
- Regarding Bank Account
Why should I get a bank account?
To receive a scholarship, every student must have a bank account in any of the nationalised scheduled banks.
How do I change my bank account from the one that is registered on the epass website?
Every student or college who desires to change his bank account to the one given on the website will have to submit the original bank documents with account particulars to the concerned welfare officers who can then submit a change request to the PMU.
Where colleges want to change thier bank account they wil have to furnish a no objection certificate from the exisiting bank and a no objectiion from the new bank for making a change request for the bank account
- Regarding Verification
what is the meaning of verification in the scholarship process?
The process of verification is essentially meant to check whether the particulars given in the scholarship form are correct as per the documents enclosed. The verification is done in two steps namely college verification and Independent verification.
- College Verficiation: In this verification, the college prinicipal has been mandated to verify the documents furnished by each student with the entry made in the application form. Once the verification is completed and all entries are ound correct, he would finally sign the same and send it to the department for verification by the verification officer appointed by the District Collector
- Verification by the Verification Officer: the verification officer appointed by the District Collector will conduct physical and documentary verification and submit his report either accepting or rejecting the scholarship application.
- Scrutiny by the Welffare Officer: before each and every application is taken up for sanction it is the responsibility of the welfare officer to satisfy himself of the verification by the college prinicpal and the verification officer and finally sanction the scholarship.
- Regarding Post Matric Scholarship
What is a post matric Scholarship (PMS)?
A post matric scholarship is the scholarship which is granted to students by the welfare departments of the Govt. for enabling eligible students who have passed tenth class (SSC examination or equivalentto pursue post matric studies such as intermedeate, ITI, polytechnic, professional courses, graduate and post graduate courses, Ph.D etc.
what are the components of a PMS?
A post matric scholarship has two components namely reimbursement of tuition fee(RTF) to the college and maintenance fee to the student (MTF).
How much reimbursement will I get?
The reimbursement off tuition will be dependent on the course you pursue. While most of the courses are eligible for 100% of the tution fee as fixed by the government.Self financed courses are eligbile only foor a maximum of Rs. 20,000 or the acutal fee charged by the college, which ever is less.
Will I get a scholarship automatically on application?
Scholarships are granted only after admission to a college and is subject to verification and eligibility.Only those who are eligible will be granted a scholarship. The steps for a scholarship are given as under:
- Secure admission to a college
- Apply online for a scholarship through the concerned welfare department ( SC/ST/BC/EBC/DW/MW)
- Verification by the college principal
- Verification by theVerification officer
- Scrutiny by the Welfare Officer
- Sanction of the scholarship
- Subission of the bill online to the treasury
- Sanction of the bill and upload of amounts into student (MTF)and college (RTF) bank accounts
How can I know my scholarship status?
Please visit the epass website at epasswebsite.cgg.gov.in and click on the scholarship status button given in middle of web page. Furnish your application ID and other details are required. Upon furnish the details you will get a detailed statement showing the different transactions on your application
What is the eligibility for getting a scholarship?
Students who belong to the categories of sc,st whose annual parental income is rs. two lakhsbelow and bc,ebc,disabled welfare students whose parental income is rs. one lakhbelow.breakbreaknbspstudents whose attendance is 75 at the end of each quarter.
Can I secure a scholarship for the previous year?
No the scholarship can be claimed only for the current year. Scholarships for the previous year can not beclaimed under anycircumstance.
What should i do if i am paid less than the amount charged by the college?
Scholarlships are paid base on the fee notified by the government from time to time. In some cases the college fee wrongly speified by the concern authority in such cases you may make a representtion to the concerned Head of Department for rectiying the mistake and payment of thee differential amount. For detail of fee structures for various courses please visit the home page of this website and click on fee strutcture. Please note there are as manyas 12000 courses and 1,44,000 fee structures.
Why soould I provide my email id and mobile number at the time of registration ?
The email id and mobile number are requirelld to send you automatic communation of your application status from time to time. Secondly when the scholarship amount sanctiooned you will be sent an sms message of the mobile phone. In case you do not have the mobile phone you can furnish of the mobile number of your parents and friends and neighbours. This is an additional faility to be provided to the student and college for assertaining the transaction status.
How do I know my verification officer?
The District Colleltor appoints verification officers for one or more colleges depending on the number of students in the college. The verification process is a two step verification process:
- Verification by the College Principle: All applications to be verified inividually by the college and signed by the principal of the college.
- Verification by the verification officer: The verifiation officer will have to verify all the tudent in the college an appointed date and time.
The details of the verification officer can be viewed on this website by clicking of the verification officer details given on the right side of the web page.
Is the scholarship registration available through out the year?
The scholarship registration is open only for a specific period of time by the governmentt. All students and colleges must file their application for registration only during this period of time. once the period is over the facilitiy for registration will no longer be available on the website. No scholarship can begiven to the student who has not registered on the epass website
- Are student of economic backward classes are eligible for MTF?
The Student belonging to Economically Backward Classes are not eligible for MTF for all the courses. They are also not elilgible for RTF for Inermediate Courses.
- Can I be eligible for a scholarship if i study in a college out side the state of Andhra Pradesh?
Students of AP belonging to SC & ST Community are eligible for a scholarship when they study in the Premier institutions notified by the Ministry of Social Justice. You may visit the website of the Ministry of Social Justice & empowerment under the title "Central sector scheme for top class education".
here can i get the details of scholarships??
You can get the details of the Scholarship are given in G.O MS No 66 SW(Edn.2)/2010 Dept dated 8.9.2010. a copy of the G.O can be download from ePass website under the G.Os and memos menu.
In addition to the G.O Ms. 66 SW(Edn.2)/2010 dated 8.9.2010 a number of instructions are given from time to time and constantly uploaded on the website. You can have a look at the detailed instrucitons given.
I do not have an SSc ID since I have studied in the open univeristy or other state what should I do since the online system does not accept my application number?
wherever the application number is not being accepted by the online system or you get a message " student not ffound in the database" kindly meet the welfare officer along with the original documents to help you in the data entry process. the welffare officer will examine your original documents and then only cause the entry to be done. Once your name is entered you can fill the relevant details later.
My parents are from A.P. but I have studied outside the state will I be elgible for a scholarship for a course inside the state?
You are eligible for a scholarship under the PMS scheme. Since you cannot the enter the data directly, you will have tto meet the district welfare officer concerned to address your problem. Students from outside A.P. are not eligible for a scholarship.
I have studied my XII class in CBSE how do i enter my application?
The databse of the SSC from 2005 to the current date is linked to the scholarship database. The databse for the CBSE is also linkedfrom 2005 onwards. where you have a problem in registering for a scholarship, you can immedeatly contact the district welfare offficer concerned for assisting you in the matter.
Is there a seperate format for the income certificate?
The income certificate is issued to a student based on an income affidavit given as a declaration by the student. wrongful declaration off income may lead to criminal prosecution as per the law. Please ensure that you get a certificate off income from the concerned MRO with his employee code and stamp which is affixed clearly. All incomplete certificates will be summarily rejected. For details on the income declaration form, please refer to the home pagge of this website under G.O's and circulars.