1st PRIZE in INTERNATIONAL PROJECT EXPO
GATE TOPPER INTERACTION SESSION
The talk was excellent which covered various aspects of GATE which exposed them to GATE and learnt many things about GATE exam. Which has given the insights on career opportunities from GATE, time management, how to plan our preparation schedule, how to manage our stress, how to do revision, how many hours do we need to prepare in a day, how to improve our problem solving ability when we see a question from out of box, benefits after writing GATE, Rank required from GATE to enter into PSU’S. The students have participated with ease and asked many questions and cleared their apprehensions in regard to GATE exam.
Civil engineers are the most highly sought for building the global future. The present Civil Engineering practices in our country have certain defined targets and are aimed to:
- provide water supply for irrigation and drinking water needs;
- develop the minor, medium and major irrigation systems;
- provide the community housing and to investigate, design and manage the construction of multi-storey buildings;
- design a new road, free way or tunnel, bridges and manage their construction;
- provide various alternatives to relieve traffic congestion and to solve transport problems;
- mange the maintenance of the large bridges that link most cities;
- develop new ways of treating and reusing storm water and waste water to preserve precious resources;
- prevent contamination of soil and groundwater from industrial activities;
- design systems to control erosion in rivers and protect people from the devastation floods;
- develop the concept of a GREEN BUILDING that produces more electricity than it consumes and has a self-sufficient water supply;
- draw up innovative foundation systems for unstable soils;
- mitigate the natural disasters;
- design, plan and execute the environment friendly drainage and sewerage projects and
- work with a consortium to design eco-tourism lacustrine projects.
CLICK HERE for viewing facilities provided in CIVIL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT.
Why Civil Engineering
Students interested in working closely with society & serving the society can choose Civil Engineering. Providing various amenities & creating required infrastructure for all societal needs forms the prime goal of any Civil Engineer. The societal needs such as Shelter, Drinking Water & Waste Water Management, Movement of people & goods through various modes of transport such as Roadways, Railways, Airways & Urban Transportation Systems, Management of Water Resources through Dams & Reservoirs are addressed by a Civil Engineer. Communication, Organizational, Leadership and Decision making skills are very important to civil engineer as every infrastructure projects requires huge man power and team management. Key skills that differentiates a Civil Engineer from others are emotional intelligence and Creativity with societal responsibility.
Career Opportunities in Civil Engineering
Tremendous job opportunities await civil engineers every year as infrastructure needs of the state are continuous and ever increasing. Key job areas can be
- Govt. Organisation – Engineer Incharge positions in Irrigation, Road and Buildings, PanchayatiRaj, Rural Water Supply, Municipal Corporations, etc.,
- Private Organisations – Major infrastructure development companies such as L&T, Gammon India, HCC, GMR Infra, Navayuga Engineering Corporation, NCC, LASA, Shapoorji Pallonji Group, Numerous Thermal and Hydel Power Corporations, Medium Level Contractors, etc.,
- Public Sector Undertaking Companies (PSU's) - NRSC, Indian Railways (RRB), Survey of India, ONGC, NHPC, NTPC, HPCL, BPCL, BHEL, STEEL PLANT, ISRO etc.,
- Civil Engineers have a great chance to start their Entrepreneurial Ventures and Consulting Firms compared to other disciplines given the fact there is a large shortage of quality civil engineers.
- Higher Education and Research.
Current Industry Scenario
Infrastructure forms the basis of economy in the near future. There is a severe shortage of quality civil engineers in every corner of the country in Govt. and Pvt. Organizations. Every state in the country is gearing up for greater leaps in infrastructure development opening up numerous opportunities. Various Government proposals such Metro Transport in Tier-I and Tier-II cities, Smart Cities Mission, Road Development goals of 292 km of expressways etc., offer greater chances of employment for a quality civil engineer.
AT BVRIT, emphasis is given in equal proportions to both classroom knowledge and practical applications. Academic curriculum is designed to meet the expectations of industry and research organizations. Teaching learning process is designed to enable the students to acquire sound technical and practical knowledge. Add-on courses in addition to regular curriculum provide the students with necessary tools/ skills(apart from those in curriculum) being adopted in the industry.
In addition to add-on courses, Guest Lectures and Field Trips enable students to envision the most recent trends both in the technical and industry spheres. The department also offers consultancy to various Govt. and Pvt. Organizations that gives the students excellent opportunity to work on real time projects.
Further, Campus Recruitment Training (CRT) programs conducted on a regular basis help the students to develop general aptitude and communication skills. Special sessions are conducted for students interested in taking competitive examinations (GATE) and Mock Tests are also conducted enabling students assess their knowledge beforehand.
Study CIVIL @ BVRIT
- Highly Experienced Faculty with strong industry and academic background; 5 faculty hold Ph.D; 3 more faculty are