Center for Automotive technologies was established to encourage students to build different types of automotive vehicles in order to participate in national-level automotive competitions. Till now students have participated in five SAE BAJA events, Nine karting events, two aero design challenges, two electric bike competitions, and one electric solar vehicle competition. Nearly 500 students have participated in national-level automotive competitions and practically gained knowledge in building vehicles.
Dr. Venkateswara Raju
Professor & Dean
Mobile: +91 9059743802
Dr. M. Sandeep Kumar
Mobile: +91 8309463748
- SAEINDIA is an affiliate society of SAE International, registered as an Indian nonprofit engineering and scientific society dedicated to the advancement of the mobility community in India.
- SAEINDIA organizes international meetings and exhibitions each year that cover all aspects of technology.
- SAEINDIA holds a variety of competitions every year for engineering students across the country.
- BVRIT SAE Club has been started in the year 2013 with an aim to encourage students who have an interest in the field of Automotive technologies, this club helps to introduce to the students about the latest technologies in the field of Automotive technologies.
- This club allows students to participate in National level automobile Competitions/ Conferences/ Seminars/ Workshops organized by SAE INDIA and other reputed organizations.
- The present strength of the club is 250 students (50% of the total intake).
- The Team Of Roaders won Runner-up Award in the Cost evaluation category in SAE E-BAJA 2020-2021 Conducted by SAEINDIA.
- Aravalli Terrain Vehicle Championship, which was run by SAEINDIA from February 15th–19th 2020, at Parul University in Gujarat.
- Aero Design Challenge held at SRM University Tamilnadu from 28th to 30th December 2019.
- National Level Kings Karting Championship 2K18 Kings Engineering College, Chennai from 09th to 11th January 2019.
- Mechanical Engineering team off-roaders 4.0 secured first position among South Indian teams that participated with total marks of 75.41 out of 100 in Virtual BAJA SAEINDIA 2018(All-terrain Vehicle) held at Chitkara University, Chandigarh, Punjab on 13-14, July 2018. The team secured the All India 24th Position out of 309 teams that participated and qualified for the dynamic event scheduled at Indore, Madhya Pradesh from 23-27, January 2019.
- Mechanical Engineering team off-roaders 5.0 cleared Virtual BAJA SAEINDIA 2018(E- All-terrain Vehicle) held at Chitkara University, Chandigarh, Punjab on 13th and 14th July 2018 and qualified for the dynamic event scheduled at Indore, Madhya Pradesh from 23-27, January 2019.
- Mechanical Engineering students Mr. Y. Uday Kumar, Ms. P. Sravani, and Ms. P. Supriya have participated in the National Level Techno Championship-2017 organized by John Deere Ltd and secured 2nd runner-up out of 1800 teams participated and won a cash prize of Rs.50000/-. The company was provided an internship for 6 months with a stipend of Rs.15000/- per month.
- Mechanical Engineering students team BUCEPHALUS of II, III, and IV B. Tech students have won the “Best Innovation Runner up” in Auto India Racing championship (season -2) held at D.Y Patil College of Engineering, Pune from 15/02/2018 to 19/02/2018.
- Conducted a successful national-level Indian Prokart Endurance Championship (IPEC-2K18) and hosted the Asia E-Bike challenge from 13th to 16th March 2018 at B.V.Raju Institute of Technology, Narsapur. 50 teams and 1000 students from all over the country participated in the events. Prize money worth 5 lakhs is given to all the winners of IPEC-2K18.
- Mechanical Engineering students team won 2nd prize in national level SAE Student convention held at M. L. College of Engineering and Technology on 30th March 2018 for Six Sigma QC Tools event.
- Team BLITZKRIEG of Mechanical Engineering has won First prize in “light weight category” in Indian Pro-Kart Endurance Championship (IPEC-2K18) held at BVRIT, Narsapur13th to 16th March 2018.
- Mechanical Engineering students Mr. P. Vineeth goud and Ms. D. Sruijitha of IV B. Tech secured first prize in national level SAE Student convention 2017-18 held at C.M.R. college of engineering and Technology on 30th March 2018 for Business plan event.
- National Level Virtual BAJA SAEINDIA 2018(All-terrain Vehicle) held at Chitkara University, Chandigarh, Punjab on July 10-11, 2015.
- National Level Vishnu Karting Championship held at Bhimavaram, AP, India from Jan 22-25, 2015.
- National Kart Racing Championship held at Kolhapur, Maharashtra, AP from Sept 29-oct 3, 2016.
- National Level Vishnu E-Moto Championship held at Bhimavaram, AP, India from Sept 23-26, 2016.
- National Level Virtual BAJA SAEINDIA 2018(All-terrain Vehicle) held at Bangalore from June 24-25, 2016.
- National Level Vishnu carting Championship held at Bhimavaram, AP, India from Jan 27-30, 2017.
- National Level AUTO INDIA RACING CHAMPIONSHIP 2017 held at Pune, Maharashtra, 16th to 19th March 2017.
- National Level ISIE-ELECTRIC SOLAR VEHICLE CHAMPIOSHIP’17 held at AP, India, March 2017.
- National Level ISIE-INDIAN KARTING 2017 held at Buddh International Circuit, Gr. Noida, New Delhi from 17th to 20th January 2018.
- Aero Design challenge competitions organized by SAE INDIA in 2017 and 2018.
- National Level Indian Pro-Kart Endurance Championship (IPEC-2K18)” held at BVRIT, Narsapur, TS, India from 13th to 16th March 2018.
- Asia E-bike Challenge held at BVRIT, Narsapur, TS, India from 13th to 16th March 2018.
- Mechanical Engineering Team Off roaders 4.0 Participating in Dynamic round of BAJA SAEINDIA 2019(All-terrain Vehicle) event scheduled at Pithampur, Indore, Madhya Pradesh from 23-27, January 2019.
- Mechanical Engineering Team Off roaders 5.0 Participating in Dynamic round of BAJA SAEINDIA 2019(E-All-terrain Vehicle) event scheduled at Pithampur, Indore, Madhya Pradesh from 23-27, January 2019.
- Mechanical Engineering students Team Participating in a national level competition “Technology Innovation Forum for Agricultural Nurturing (TIFAN 2018)” which is going to be held in the month of December, 2018 at Pune, Maharashtra which is organized by John Deere Limited, Pune and SAE India.
- Mechanical Engineering students Team OFFROADERS10.0 Participating in KINGS go-kart championship which is going to be held at Chennai, Tamilnadu, India in the month of December 2018.
- Mechanical Engineering students Team Participating in Aero design challenge 2019 which is to be held at Anna University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu in the month of July 2019
- Mechanical Engineering department arranged 3 day workshop on “Modelling, Analysis and Simulations & Design Calculations of Go-Kart, ATV and Formula-I Vehicle” in collaboration with ProDes Technologies for Mechanical Engineering students from 10-12, September 2018.
- The Main aim of the workshop is to make students aware of different automobile competitions and related software used in the analysis of automobile vehicle.
- Department of Mechanical engineering is planning to conduct another workshop in the month of December 2018 for all SAE Student members.
- The main aim of the workshop is to impart knowledge regarding different departments included in design, analysis and fabrication of different types of Automobiles.
- A test will be conducted after the workshop, based on the student performance the students are divided into teams of go-kart, ATV and formula one competitions.
- The department is planning to organize a national level Formula-I competition in the BVRIT, Narsapur campus in 2020.
Ms.P.Supriya GT Engineer Thermax Pvt.Ltd.
|Hi, I’m Supriya, Mechanical 2014-2018 batch. I’m currently working in Thermax Pvt Ltd, Pune. During my stint at Center for Automotive technologies, I have participated in E-bike competition, BAJA-SAE and I am also one of the main organiser of IPEC-2018 event in our college. As we all know these are very prestigious events for mechanical engineering folks. I’m very lucky to be in these teams. These exposure has given me a lot of experience in real time work and also during campus selections, it has given me a unique place when comparing to others. Not just the theory knowledge but with added practical knowledge helped me in cracking a job in top MNC. As well as these events are not only knowledge gaining but a lot of fun to be in.|
Mr.MounishPatel MS Aspirant (Germany)
|Hello everyone, I am Mounish Patel, a proud graduate of Mechanical Engineering, B.V.R.I.T . Out of 4 great years in B.V.R.I.T, I had spent most of my time in automotive lab which laid foundation in practical understanding of latest Automotive technologies. This lab is indirectly responsible for what I am today. I was able to start my own website www.EngineeringAutoPedia.com and my book titled “Suspensions setup of Car” is going to published soon. I really thank Mechanical engineering department for their never ending support.|
M Rohita Sai GT Engineer
“Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice”.
The center for automotive technologies has played a major role in my career. It has given me various opportunities to explore different fields in automobile. I have participated in three national level automotive competitions which are from three different domains namely E-moto 2017, VKC-2018 and SAE aero space design challenge 2018 which helped me to improve my practical knowledge in designing and fabricating the vehicles. Not only the practical knowledge but this centre has also thought me various important things such as team building, conflict management, understanding different perspectives, technical concepts, etc which has helped me a lot to crack through my ASHOK LEYLAND interview where I was able to answer all the questions related to my projects. I am glad that I got this opportunity to utilize the resources of this centre to build my career.
Y.V.NaveenKumar MS Aspirant (USA)
“Dream, Dare and Drive.”
These three words encapsulate my journey at Centre of Automotive Technologies (CAT). Over the course of three years at CAT, I have used my engineering acumen to face challenges, conquer my fear and realized my potential. Dedicated Faculty and state-of-art equipment facilities have assisted me in the manufacturing of E-Bike, BAJA SAE Buggy and two Go-karts. Amid, I have learned numerous skills that I bring into my experiences in the industry, and have gained countless friends and memories that continue to be the highlight of my BVRIT experience.
J Ravali GT Engineer Renault Nissan
|I would always be grateful to BVRIT for providing a good start for my career. I would also like to thank faculty who are very supportive and inspiring. They always encouraged students to learn things practically. My department encourages students to participate in different automobile events through Center for Automotive technologies where you can gain a wonderful experience and practical knowledge. My participation in projects like BAJA , E-moto really helped me to crack placement in Renault Nissan.|
T.Sowmya GT Engineer John Deere
|I have learned effective things from Center for Automotive technologies lab when I worked for designing and manufacturing of go-kart and Baja vehicles. The lab taught me the practical knowledge of different machining processes, different tools, design specifications, how to assemble parts and able to know the differences between the materials I used while designing based on strength, hardness, weight etc. It was allowed me to explore the practical implications in my discipline and helped for my effective learning's to reflect on my goals and made a smooth path to place in John Deere.|