Dr. H. Sujana
Professor & Head of the Department, Head ATL
Ph.D.: Biomedical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.
M.S. (By Research): Biomedical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.
B.E.: Biomedical Engineering, College of Engineering, Osmania University, Hyderabad.
Teaching Experience: 10 years
Research Experience: 7 years
- Member of Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America(RESNA)
- Member of IEEE
- Member of IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society
- Member of IEEE Communications Society
- Life Member of Biomedical Engineering Society of India (BMESI)
- Life Member of Society for Biomaterials and Artificial Organs (SBAOI)
- Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
- Life Member of Instrument Society of India (ISOI)
- Member of Indian Women Network (IWN)
Fields of Interest
- Medical Imaging
- Rehabilitation Engineering
Awards and Recognition:
- Member, Board of Studies JNTU Hyderabad
- Member, Board of Studies College of Engineering, Osmania University
- Member, Board of Studies B. V. Raju Institute of Technology (Autonomous), Narsapur
- Associate Dean R&D (BME, ECE & EEE)
- Developed kidney phantom for sonographers practice of needle biopsies - Tested at M/s Mediscan, Chennai
Research Papers Published
- H.Sujana, S. Chandra Prakash, Rohith Sirpa Detection of Cancer Cells Using Microscopic Images of Blood Sample. International Journal of Engineering & Technology 7 (3.29) (2018) 778-783
- H.Sujana, S. Chandra Prakash, RohithSirpa Medical Application of Bounding Box Technique IARJSET International Advanced Research Journal in Science, Engineering and Technology ICRAESIT – 2015Vol. 2, Special Issue 2, December 2015
- S.John, H.Sujana, S.Suresh, S.Swarnamani Ultrasonic characterization of malignant melanoma of the choroid. Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, 1998, V46, No.3, 153-157.
- H.Sujana, S. Swarnamani ,Sheila John Ultrasonic differentiation of intraocular melanoma by image texture parameters and artificial neural networks. Journal of Acoustical Society of America, 1997.
- H.Sujana, S. Swarnamani, S.Suresh Application of artificial neural networks for the classification of liver lesions by image texture parameters. Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology. 1996, V22, No. 9, 1177-1181.
- H.Sujana , S. Swarnamani Ultrasonic characterization of materials for development of kidney phantom. Journal of Acoustic Society of India. 1992, XX, 111 – 116.
- P. Laasya Priya, H. HimaBindu, H. Sujana "Cognitive Stress Detection using EEG signals" Presented paper in International Conference on Computational & Experimental Methods for Advancing Engineering Systems Applications (ICCEAESA-2019) 23rd Aug. 2019 at BVRIT Narsapur
- H.Sujana Mind map as active learning tool in Rehabilitation Engineering Course International Conference on Transformations in Engineering Education (ICTIEE AP' 18), 15thto 17th July 2018
- H.Sujana, S. Chandra Prakash, Rohith Sirpa Detection of Cancer Cells Using Microscopic Images of Blood Sample International Conference on Research Advancements in Applied Engineering Sciences, Computer and Communication Technologies ICRAAESCCT, 12th & 13th July 2018.
- H.Sujana, S. Chandra Prakash, RohithSirpa Blind Watermark Technique for Medical Image Protection2ndInternational Conference on Biomedical Systems, Signals and Images BSSI 2015IIT Madras24thto 26thFeb. 2016.
- H.Sujana, S. Chandra Prakash, RohithSirpa Medical applications of bounding box technique International Conference on Research Advancements in Engineering, Science and Information Technology- 2015 ICRAESIT-2015 Dec. 2015.
- H.Sujana, S. Chandra Prakash, RohithSirpa Bounding Box Technique for MRI Images National Conference on Innovations and Design Challenges in Electrical and Medical Electronics NCIDCEME 2015GRIETAug. 2015
- H.Sujana, S. Swarnamani and S.Suresh Ultrasonic characterization of liver lesions by texture parameters and self-organizing feature map. Proc. of International Conference on Biomedical Engineering, Coimbatore, December 1996, ppV-1 – V-4.
- Sheila John, S.S. Badrinath, H. Sujana , S. Swarnamani Tissue characterization of malignant melanoma in vivo using ultrasonic image analysis. Annual meeting of American Academy of Ophthalmology, Chicago, USA, 1996, p154.
- H.Sujana , S. Swarnamani Application of self-organizing feature map for ultrasonic diagnosis of ocular melanoma. Proc. of Madras-India Regional Chapter of the Acoustical Society of America Conference, Madras, August, 1996, p8.
- H.Sujana, S. Chandra Prakash, Rohith Sirpa Detection of Cancer Cells Using Microscopic Images of Blood Sample International Conference on Research Advancements in Applied Engineering Sciences, Computer and Communication Technologies ICRAAESCCT, 12th & 13th July 2018. Ultrasonic classification of malignant melanoma of choroid. Proc. of Annual meeting of American Academy of Ophthalmology, Atlanta, USA, November, 1995, p161.
- H.Sujana, S. Swarnamani , S.Suresh Evaluation of local host reaction to space ocuupying lesions in the liver. Proc. of Madras-India Regional Chapter of the Acoustical Society of America Conference, Madras, August, 1995, p2.
- H.Sujana, S. Swarnamani , Sheila John Ultrasonic image parameters for differentiating intraocular melanoma. Proc. of First Regional Conference IEEE Engg. In Medicine and Biology Society, New Delhi, February, 1995, pp2.40-2.41.
- H.Sujana, S. Swarnamani , Sheila John Ultrasonic characterization of intraocular melanoma. International conference on Recent Advances in Biomedical Engineering, Hyderabad, January, 1994, pp142-145.
- Sheila John, S.Suresh, H. Sujana and S. Swarnamani Ultrasonic spectral analysis of malignant melanoma. All India Ophthalmological Conference, Madras, January, 1994.
- H.Sujana, S. Swarnamani , S.Suresh Development of a kidney phantom, IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium, Tucson, Arizona, USA, 1992.
- H.Sujana, S. Swarnamani, Sheila John Classification of Ocular Melanoma using Image Parameters by Neural Networks. Current Trends in Biomedical Engineering, Proceedings of the 5thNational Conference of Biomechanics, Feb 1996, p207.