Welcome to BVRITN
Anjani Powder Research Center
Anjani Powder Research Center
Anjani Powder Research Center (APRC) is a state-of-the-art facility for research & development in powder materials and associated processing technologies. Having its origin in the Integrated long term program on cooperation with Sri Vishnu Educational Society and Anjani Portland Cement Limited, APRC became operational in November 2009.
Translating Research to Technology has been APRC motto and the Centre has set for itself the task of striving to bridge the gap between conventional research institutes and the industries. Consistent with this overall goal, APRC has dedicated its efforts toward achieving the technology transfer to the industry.
APRC focuses on research in powder technology, cement testing and powder characterization such as surface area, particle size, shape, particle size distribution, hausner ratio, compressibility, zeta potential, angle of repose, repose density surface charge and cohesiveness.
The Centre has been continuously striving to provide most cost-effective solutions to industry for various problems. This is being achieved through the execution of projects like enhancing powder characteristics, mill circuit analysis, powder process design and analysis, performance and evaluation studies of filters, centrifuges, cyclone separators, storage and mass flow of silos.
Powder Characterization Instruments, Powder Preparation machines, Compressive Strength Machine, Furnaces, Mixers, Humidity Chambers, Image Analysis, Chem. Cad, MAT LAB.
- Complete powder analysis
- Cement testing (both physical and chemical analysis)
- Mill circuit grinding analysis
- Material and ball loading for ball mills
- Enhancing powder characteristics
- Performance evaluation of various equipment
- Design of cyclone separators, centrifuge, filter and silos.
- Short course and training on powder technologies
- Optimization of particle size for cement using image analysis., Anjani Cements Ltd.
- Modifications of particle to control tap and bulk density of powder., Aurobindo Pharma Ltd.
- Enhancement of Haussnair ratio and flowability of API powder., Everest Organics Ltd.
- Complete Cement testing of both physical and chemical analysis., Anjani Cements Ltd.
- Conditions for dust explosion in clinker Silo., J.K laxmi cements Ltd., Sirohi, Rajastan.
- Powder Characterization of polymer filler Powder., Soltex Petro Products Ltd., Mumbai.
- Comparison of PSD by using various methods., Associate Soap Stones Udaipur, Rajasthan.
- Utilization of pharmaceutical liquid waste to produce gypsum for cement industries.
- Estimation of Particle Size Distribution of powders using Angle of Repose.
- Recovery of iron from waste generated during the cutting stones of granite industry.
- Utilization of waste generated from granite industry to making bricks and tiles.
- Design of Uniflow cyclone to collect the fugitive dust.
- Comparison of square cyclone performance with conventional cyclone.
Dr. K. Vighneswara Rao
Asso. Professor, Dept of CHE
Phone No:+91 9849283242